Sunday, December 23, 2007

ANOTHER YEAR GONE

2007. I turned 34 on March 20. By next year, I'll be 35 and that means that based on the current mortality rate of 60-65, I have only 25 to 30 years remaining before I pass on. But it all depends on a lot of factors still. I could go earlier or probably (which I hope I won't) later. Who wants to live forever? Or who wants to outlive one's loved ones? people might find it repugnant that when I reached 30 years ago, I started counting back. Yes. back to the future. I am counting back to the future. The countdown was my own idea. And I have never felt so satisfied than being prepared to face my own demise- natural or man-made. And that thought alone pushes me to the limits. It's like I want to do more with less. More things to do with very little and continuously dwindling time. Who's afraid to die anyway? You? Well, I always thought living was more cruel than dying. Life maybe fun. Life maybe exciting. Life maybe precious. But have you ever accepted that all these would die out? Eventually they will. But no matter how happy or sad one's life was, IT SHOULD NOT MATTER FOR AS LONG AS YOU ENJOYED THE RIDE. Life's a journey remember? And journeys have endings. Happy or sad.
As for me, I have done enough. and if my Creator would call me anytime, I would gladly go with Him. As I have said before, Life Must Go On. And I know deep inside me that there is life after this life and hence.
Oh No! THis is not a farewell message ok. But it's somehow fulfilling to conquer the fear of death. By being NOT afraid of death, nothing can scare you, right?
And so, have you asked yourself what your greatest fear is? Find out and try counting back to the future.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. I'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR (and that's next week!)

No comments: