Sunday, May 20, 2007

the polls as i saw it

it's been a week after the recent polls. i was right about most of my forecasts. the elections came in dirty, disorderly, dishonest and hopeless, at least with a few exceptions such as the knock out vistory of darlene custodio over manny pacquiao whose victory, if fate had sadly permitted it, could have forced me to look for a 'SANER" place abroad. Despite all the filths, however, one sector proved to be the only winner in this just ended contest- the EVER FREE PHILIPPINE MEDIA. No mater how uttering "free" sends shivers down my spine.
I do not know how others see it but for me, these political advertisements only contribute immensely to the proliferation of corruption not only in government but in the media industrty itself where, I unfortunately belong. Can you imagine how pictures and images of the some of the most corrupt (read: EVIL) figures in the country were sent in every home for a few million bucks? And the profit- my god!- one network announced the tripling of income in just a few months. Even the least watched, least heard and least read media outfit all profited from this ever corrupt electoral process. And we expect change!? FUCK!
I know a lot of deskmen and reporters who were on the take over and above what their companies earned from ads. Some intimated to me that they got at least P5,000 a day- A DAY! and for the fucking deskmen?--- multiply that amount tenfolds!!! and some even had the gall to openly make collectors out of their reporters. I'LL BE DAMNED. I may not be pure, i may not be THAT clean, but I swear to God I am not as filthy as these idiots who make a killing out of our sorry free press- or PAID press?
May our dead colleagues' spirits haunt these sonavagans for the rest of their fucking life.

NEWSFLASH!
PACQUIAO KNOCKED OUT IN HOMETOWN

Buti nga sa yo, kupal ka kase! I idolize this idiot whenever he's inside the ring. Tough, determined, sturdy, a picture of a true fighter. But when this idot decided to go inside the political arena, I realized he was just a plain and simple idiot. JUst THAT.
And thinking that he would win insults the intelligence of his folks there. Gen San and Cotabato proved they were not as lunatic as their idol- at least not all of them were.

have to go now... next time

No comments: